FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Supervisor: Senior Finance and Admin Officer
Job Type: Full time
- Under the direction of the Senior Finance and Admin Officer, the driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Convey FHI 360 Nigeria Staff and Consultants to designated approved locations.
- Ensure the availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts.
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office.
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
- Fulfil special request by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the project vehicle assigned.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Secondary school leaving certificates, apprentice certificate or any other equivalent certificates with a minimum of 1-year experience.
- Must have a trade test certificate and a valid driving license.
- Experience as a driver-mechanic will be an added advantage.
- Experience with large complex organizations preferred.
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Matured and willing to work at odd hours.
- Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time