Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Administrator
Duration: 12 months renewable
Starting Date: ASAP
- He/she ensures the correct administrative-financial management and the sustainability of both the Area Coordination and the Field offices depending from it, by contributing to the preparation of the coordination and projects’ budget, to the final balances control, and by monitoring the correct predisposition of all financial reports, in compliance with COOPI and the donors’ procedures.
- Planning and coordination budget control: He/she prepares, in collaboration with the Area Coordination, and regularly verifies the budget performance for all costs related to the Area Coordination. He/she monitors the sustainability of the Area Coordination and the field offices under its responsibility and verifies the correct attribution/distribution of fixed costs to the projects.
- Budget preparation and projects’ economic-financial control: He/she participates to the project budget finalization in conformity with the Country Coordination planning; in collaboration with the Project Managers, the Project Administrators and the Area Coordinator, He/she regularly identifies the economic and financial engagements necessary for carrying out the project activities.
- Financial Management: He/she manages the bank accounts, supervises and controls the bank operation in the area, in collaboration with the Country Coordination: he/she monitors the donors’ funding for the project (anticipations and tranches reception); he/she ensures the correct and regular control of the project’s funds; he/she monitors the bank transfers reception for dispatch to the projects.
- Projects’ economic-financial monitoring: In collaboration with the Project Managers and/or Area Administrators and the Head of Mission/Area Coordinator, he/she regularly verify the projects’ economic-financial performance: final balance, expenditure excess, expenditure projection, financial forecast for the activities’ carry out.
- Procedures: He/she provides technical support to the Project Managers and to the Project Administrators/Area Administrators for a correct application of COOPI and the donor’s administrative procedures in goods, staff and services purchases.
- Data elaboration and transmission: He/she regularly produces and transmits to the Country Coordination all information and data requested by the Milan’s Headquarters and data related to the final balance, according to the planned schedule.
- Administrative documents filing: He/she ensures the correct filing of the area’s administrative documents (coordination and projects), in compliance with the organization’s procedures.
- Institutional relations: in cooperation with the Area Coordinator and the Administrative Coordinator, he/she manages all relations and related bureaucratic practices, with public administrative agencies in the country (work inspectorate, taxes general Directorate, banks etc.) and with the administrative-financial offices of the donors’ decentralized delegations.
- Financial reporting and auditing : He/she finalizes and controls all intermediate and final financial reports to be transmitted to the donors, before transmitting them to the central headquarters; He/she ensures the collection, filing and control of all projects’ vouchers; He/she supports the Administrative Coordinator n the preparation and carry out of audits in the area, and transmits all projects’ related documents to the Country Coordination.
- Local staff management and local and expatriate staff administration: He/she manages and supervises the administrative staff at work in the Area Coordination; He/she trains the Field offices/Project Administrators under the responsibility of the Area Coordination and regularly monitors the work (remotely or through on field missions); He/she supervises and controls all contracts, salaries and verifies the respect of COOPI standards.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in large organizations.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a similar role within an international non-governmental organization (NGO), donor or multilateral agency.
- An excellent interpersonal skills (Good analytical, negotiation, advocacy and communication skills) and demonstrated ability to establish an effective team and external relations.
- Experience with capacity building of national staff.
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing and sometimes insecure environment
- Excellent English language skills both written and spoken are essential.
- Substantial experience working with International NGO’s, UN agencies and networking and negotiating with authorities.
- Very strong financial analysis skills and an extensive practical experience working with financial tools, highly proficient with excel such as using a pivot table, developing macros, etc.
- Ability to motivate and guide staff working in a complex conflict environment, preferably experience from an African context. Previous experience in Nigeria is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd January 2019.