The Niger River Basin Development Authority (NBA) recruits suitably qualified candidates for an important development program co-financed by the GEF, UNDP, UNIDO and other donors, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Coordinator
- Under NBA and UNOP’s supervision, you are responsible for the project in general (implementation and monitoring) as defined by the project documents and in line with the general procedures and guidelines set up by UNDP, UN / Environment, NBA, OSS and UNIDO.
- You are in particular responsible for leading the project team within the Project Coordination Unit (PCU).
- You are also responsible for the administrative and technical management of the project, as well as relations with all partners and project stakeholders (donors, implementing branches, national focal points, Regional Steering Committee, etc.).
- In general, you are responsible for the successful completion of the PCU’s tasks as described as follows;
- You will also report on progress and problems to the steering committee members. As a matter of fact, you have as the mission, the following responsibilities and tasks
- The financial management is your responsibility i.e “Preparation of a periodic project and technical implementation reports, including the annual formulation of the PIRs”, as well as the financial and technical monitoring of the other components, per the implementation reports submitted by the other implementing branches.
- Coordination of all components of the project at regional level.
- Implementation of component 4 of the project.
- Supervision of the project team, activities and consultants to be recruited ensuring that capacity building is well integrated into all project activities.
- Preparation of periodic project and technical implementation reports, including the annual formulation of the PIRs.
- Preparation of the Regional Steering Committee’s (RSC) sessions and implementation of the RSC’s guidelines, recommendations, advice and opinions.
- Ensure effective liaison with the RSC, the Task Team Leaders of Components 1, 2 and 3, NBA’S structures, the National Steering Committees (NSCs) and the National Project Teams (NPTs).
- Ensure deadlines, qualitative preparation and implementation of work plans (procurement, disbursement, recruitment of staff and consultants, monitoring, training, etc.) and production of technical and financial reports in accordance with the appropriate GEF, UNDP, UNEP, OSS and UNIDO’s procedures.
- Ensure the proper implementation of the annual work plans in accordance with established procedures and hold the RSC’s secretariat.
- Aged between 35 and 50 as of 31 December 2019. MBA, Engineer, Master’s degree (MSc) or PhD graduate in Environment or Water Resources. You have at least 12 (twelve) years of experience in Water Resources Management and/or Environment, particularly in the context of regional projects.
- You justify experiences in the following areas: project management at national and regional level / Work in the Niger River Basin member countries, the OSS, as part of an international or national organization involved in development projects.
- In addition to the in-depth knowledge of the Niger River Basin and its ecology, you also have a good knowledge of UNOP’s project management procedures.
- Organized, able to work in a team, under pressure and in a multicultural environment, with good interpersonal, negotiation, analysis, synthesis, reports drafting and presentation skills,
- You have recognized abilities in the management of a multidisciplinary team, plus you are fluent in the languages spoken within the NBA (French and English) both orally and in writing and have a good knowledge of computer tools and office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) as well as statistics software.
Conditions of Service
- Vacation Based at the NBA Head Office in Niamey (Republic of NIGER)
- All candidates must be nationals of the OSS or one of the NBA’s Member States (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Chad).
- The contract is five (5) years long, with a probationary period of six months, declined under a fixed-term contract of two (2) years renewable subject to an annual successful performance evaluation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Cover Letter, CV both in English and French, Salary expectations and Photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 20th January 2019.