Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Officer
- The Program Officer will work with partners, communities, and other community structures to foster peaceful relationships between conflicting parties in targeted communities.
- The role of the Program Officer is to build and maintain partnership relationships and stakeholders’ support, especially at the state and local government levels and mobilize efforts to deliver expected results.
- The Program Officer will be a “catalyst” for raising community awareness, participation and ownership of the Program, building the capacity and empowerment of the CBO partners, and all other major stakeholders.
- The Program Officer will provide continued on-the-ground support to all community stakeholders to help organize and deliver project activities.
- Implement community mobilization activities in the field.
- Develop and maintain relationships with organizations/ actors in key target sectors (e.g. faith organizations, youth groups, women’s organizations, CBOs/local nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), media, local government officials, etc.
- Develop critical relationships with local partners.
- Prepare, coordinate reviews, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents, including program strategies, progress updates, and other documents and reports.
- Prepare weekly and monthly narrative reports of field activities.
- Capture & document success stories and case studies.
- Developing and maintaining the data bank and photo gallery of the project activities.
- Build local government and institutional capacity to effectively promote peace in their communities.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation team and partners in program monitoring, evaluation and learning by: i) Support in tracking of partner’s activities – by attending partner’s events; ii) Support partners on activity-level M&E efforts, ensuring quality, reliability, and consistency in data collection efforts using Project M&E templates; iii)Contribute to the review of all partner deliverables and milestones; iv)Help identify lessons learned from project implementation and facilitate the incorporation of those lessons into the active development cycle.
- Ensure community participation at different levels.
- Implement and monitor community based activities and timely identification of gaps.
- Plan and conduct sensitization events in the catchment area of Pact activities in the state.
- Conduct Focus group discussion with specific groups.
- Keep close coordination with all departments for better integration within organization and with stake holders when required.
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/B.Sc in Social Science, Demography, or other related field.
- At least five (4) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing and implementing conflict resolution projects.
- Experience working on USAID or other U.S. Government-funded projects is an asset.
- Experience in doing literature searches/desk review of documents to tease out relevant information for evidence based decision making.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Proficiency with MS office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Fluency in the local language.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information or age.
- Proficiency in writing reports in English and communicating results clearly using graphs, charts, and other visuals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for diversity. Capability to create strong partnerships among all program stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
- However, applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 24th January 2019.