Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilities Coordinator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Facilities Coordinator Role
- Supervision of tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, environmental, safety, procurement, and custodial services.
- This position requires a team player attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to details and project coordination. You should have the ability to collaborate with and support all stakeholders/interfaces.
- You will be part of a high-functioning team where your work matters. You will make a difference and join our mission. Like most startups, we operate at lightning speed, and if you embrace it, you’ll be challenged every day. This position will report directly to the Facilities Manager.
- The Facilities Coordinator role includes maintaining all Andela buildings and grounds facilities.
- Assist in policies and procedure formulation, implementation and monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of policies as they relate to facilities
- Managing accommodations – responsible for ensuring residence sign lease agreement, updating lease records such as new allocations and exits.
- Support office logistics and travel management as required.
- Responsible for providing up-to-date documentation for all leases, facilities and vehicle service level agreements and contracts.
- Responsible for the verification of invoice, Local purchase order, and update the facility’s maintenance cost to meet with budget
- Prepare the quarterly Facilities Management reports are communicated to stakeholders
- Supervise the delivery of critical support services in order to achieve maximum efficiency and value.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the senior management team, in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role
- Create and implement Health Safety and Environment (HSE) processes and procedures
- To consult/work with other senior managers on specific initiatives as required
- Manage the Facilities department products and solutions
- Project management internal renovation and major repair works
- Perform other related duties as required
- Direct and plan essential central services such as reception, security, catering, and other services.
- Conduct periodic facilities users satisfaction survey and ensure the correction of the area of dissatisfaction
- Develop and track monthly spending budgets and prepare reports detailing budgeted amounts versus actual spent; Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services; including ensuring that we get the best value for money.
- Assist Facilities Manager to tender/negotiate/contracts with Service Suppliers.
- Basic accounting and bookkeeping for facility/admin invoices; code and allocate to responsible Cost Centres, check invoices.
- Identify quality improvements in processes and procedures and implement were necessary.
- Monitor suppliers’ performance in line with KPIs, contractual obligations and SLA
- Work with the Facilities Manager to report problems, solutions, and costs associated.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the annual facility budget.
- Manage company fleet logistics.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role, you should:
- Have a good knowledge of Google Drive
- Be able to communicate clearly and present work product clearly
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused enthusiast
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure
- Minimum of three years experience in Facilities management and supervising others
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Work effectively and collaborate with others
- Self-motivated and willingness to serve
- Good communication skills
- Have a University degree
Benefits & Compensation
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.