This post will show you how to make nigerian egg roll, which is enjoyed by all and sundry in Nigeria. It is more like a Nigerian buns with boiled egg inside and i tell you, it is very tasty.
These beautiful balls of awesomeness are enjoyed almost at every corner of Nigeria. Nigerian egg roll is quite a spectacular something for foreigners just having a new feel of the snacking culture of the country.
Egg rolls or Scotch eggs are one of the tricky ones so I won’t start telling you that every jack and Jill can stunt on this one but if you can follow the instructions then you shouldn’t really be having any problems making some for yourself.
Now, here we go:
How to make Nigerian egg roll:Tasty and easiest style for you!
Follow the instructions below:
How to make Nigerian egg roll: tools needed
- Medium mixing bowl
- Chopping board (Or any usable flat surface)
- Dough cutter
- Paper Towels
- Rolling pin
- Perforated spoon
- Skillet/Iron pot (medium)
How to make Nigerian egg roll: Ingredients
- Vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- ½ Cup of lukewarm water
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of yeast
- ¼ Evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon of granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ white pepper
- 100g melted butter
How to make Nigeria egg roll: Instructions
- Boil all your eggs in one pot. Remove and set the (unpeeled) boiled eggs aside.
- Pour warm water in a clean bowl and add yeast. Set aside for around 4 minutes, then add sugar, milk and salt.
- Mix the garlic powder, white pepper, and paprika manually or preferably with a whisk and add chunks of butter.
- Empty your flour into the mixing bowl and add the mixture from step 3.
- Begin kneading the dough while slowly pouring the mixture from step 2. Coat your hands with flour before you begin.
- Knead until you achieve a fully integrated and smooth lumpy dough mould.
Tip: You can leave in the dough fridge for 5-10 minutes to make it smoother
- Coat a floured surface (probably your chopping board, if it’s wide enough) with flour and turn out your smooth dough onto the surface.
- Begin flattening out your dough with a rolling pin until the dough is around 1cm thick.
9.Use a dough cutter or you could improvise with a 5” round glass bowl to cut out the dough into six circles (that’s the number of the eggs we boiled).
- Peel the eggs and gently place them in the centre of the cut dough. As evenly as possible, wrap the dough around the eggs and make sure there are no cracks or openings.
- Cover the six rolls for 20 minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil into a medium skillet and heat at medium heat until it’s hot (not smoking).
- Gently drop as much rolls as the skillet can take and fry for 5-8minutes. Watch the colour change to golden brown.
- Use the perforated spoon to remove the egg rolls and place them on paper towels to absorb the oil.
Searches related to how to make nigerian egg roll
- how to make egg roll dough
- easy way to make egg rolls
- ingredients to make egg roll
- how to make egg roll video
- how to make buns and puff puff
- how to bake egg rolls instead of frying
- how to fold an eggroll
- how to make egg roll korean
That is all on how to make nigerian egg roll, please comment below!