We are bringing you the list of scholarships in EASTERN EUROPEAN in countries like the Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Ukraine.
We also have a separate list dedicated entirely to scholarships for Russia, and one for those looking to study elsewhere in Europe.
Scholarships to study in Bulgaria:
- American University in Bulgaria – Various scholarships are available for both domestic and international students to study at the university. No separate application is required, except for students who are applying for a scholarship based on their financial need.
Scholarships to study in Croatia:
- Agency for Mobility and EU Programs Bilateral Agreements – Scholarships for students from selected other European countries who have a bilateral agreement with Croatia. These scholarships are mostly for PhD research or for studying Croatian language and literature.
Scholarships to study in the Czech Republic:
- Charles University in Prague Scholarships – The University offers Faculty of Science: STARS scholarship for both domestic and international PhD scholarships, as well as Development Scholarships for students from developing countries.
- Czech Government Scholarships for Developing Countries – Government scholarships for international students to study (at all levels) at universities across the Czech Republic. Czech is the language of instruction for most eligible programs.
- The South Moravian Center for International Mobility – Study abroad scholarships for non-EU students who are commencing a master’s or PhD degree at one of the center’s partner universities, primarily for study programs in technical and natural science.
Scholarships to study in Estonia:
- Estonian Government scholarships – International scholarships are available for students at all degree levels to study abroad in Estonia. If applying for a scholarship for bachelor’s level, your chosen subject should be related to Estonian language and culture.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Estonian Development Cooperation scholarships – Scholarships for students from Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Moldova, Belarus, Azerbaijan and Afghanistan to study one of the selected English-taught master’s degrees at the University of Tartu.
- Study IT in Estonia Speciality Scholarship – Study abroad scholarships for bachelor’s and master’s students to study an IT-related degree at Tallinn University of Technology.
- Study IT in Estonia Skype Foreign Studies Scholarship – Two scholarships for international students to study a master’s in the sciences, with a preference for information technology. Open to students from Estonia and residing in Estonia on a permanent residence permit.
Scholarships to study in Hungary:
- Central European University – Scholarships for international master’s and PhD students to study at Central European University in Budapest (pdf file).
- Hungarian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students – International scholarships for students at all levels to study in Hungary, funded by the Hungarian government.
- The Stipendium Hungaricum – Study abroad scholarships which cover tuition fees, medical insurance, accommodation and a monthly stipend for residents of partner countries to study in Hungary at either bachelor’s or master’s level.
Scholarships to study in Poland:
- Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship Program – Government scholarships for international students from selected countries to study their master’s or PhD (in a science subject) abroad in Poland.
Scholarships to study in Romania:
- Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs – International scholarships for non-EU students at all levels to study abroad in Romania. Priority will be given to certain subjects such as politics and education, and studies must be in the Romanian language (students not proficient in the language will be offered a one-year preparatory course). The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation and monthly financial support payments.
Scholarships to study in Slovakia:
- Slovak Government Scholarships for Selected Developing Countries – Government scholarships for students from developing countries to study in Slovakia at any degree level. Open to students from designated countries within the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Asia.
Other scholarships to study in Eastern Europe:
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships – Enterprise led by the European Commission to help international students fund their studies in Europe at selected institutions.
- CEEPUS Exchange Program with Central and Eastern Europe – CEEPUS is a multilateral exchange program in which universities from 16 countries within Central and Eastern Europe take part in student exchanges. Students are not required to pay tuition fees and will receive a grant to cover their living costs in their host country. To be eligible, students should be nationals of a CEEPUS/EU/EEA country.
- Visegrad Fund scholarships – Study abroad scholarships for master’s/PhD students from selected countries in Eastern Europe to study in one of the Visegrad (V4) group countries (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia) for up to four semesters. Students from the Visegrad group can also apply for the outgoing scheme to other V4 countries and partnership countries.