At mDoc, we are working to augment the health system, in partnership with private and public entities to focus on what matters to our members in their communities. We are building an enabling community-based and digital ecosystem to better help people with self-management of their chronic conditions and other health needs while helping them navigate quality in-person healthcare when face-to-face care is needed.
We focus on personalized self-care. Over the next few months, we will grow quickly with key projects requiring a deep focus and the discipline, rigor, and humility to test alongside our customers, iterate and ultimately scale quickly. The person filling this position is a critical anchor to driving the success of our company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Clinical Education
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, you will support the clinical operational processes for mDoc’s overall programming and be accountable for on-going implementation and process improvement and operational process improvement to ensure we deliver excellent measurable virtual and in-person care to our members.
- This position has a strong education component requiring you to care and to understand how to educate the coaching team and the members we serve harnessing our internal content and programming as well as harnessing external platforms.
- You will work cross-functionally with team members across our virtual and field-based care teams, as well as product and data teams.
- Based on contextualized evidence-based research, you will refine the design and implementation of operational processes for mDoc’s wellness function.
- Lead tests of new processes to ensure we’re continually improving.
- To achieve this, we expect that you will coach in the first 3 months with a small cohort of members (8-10) to understand the gaps and opportunities, essentially a Gemba walk of your own.
- Design and manage core operational processes for the virtual and in-person care team for Wellness (e.g., staffing and onboarding, scheduling, referrals, member engagement).
- Analyze care team performance against goals, identify interventions to improve outcomes and manage follow-through on performance improvement initiatives
- Achieve targets in terms of growth and performance for Wellness.
- Partner on building cross-functional workflows with teams across mDoc including markets, product, data, growth & implementation, clinical strategy & care model design, marketing & engagement, legal, and people.
- Clinical Education and Digital Health Outcomes
- Responsible for project management (planning, administration, and execution) related to the clinical tool, guidelines/protocol development, and maintenance within a specified time frame.
- Responsible for the translation of evidence-based guidelines and reviews into updates to
- Work closely with the technology team particularly the artificial intelligence team on developing content and guidelines to be used to facilitate tele-triaging, digital nudges, and predictive analytics
- Work closely with other project teams to support the development of clinical content
- Collects and curates relevant sources of evidence-based content, primarily from clinical practice guidelines and review articles for digital and in-person self-care support. Presents findings to content experts/workgroups.
- Works with clinical lead and CEO to develop a training program and assessment/quality control program for coaches and multidisciplinary team
- Manages project timeline, risks, and scope, and communicates status to management and stakeholders consistently.
- Produces well-written documents with an eye to global blogs, peer reviewed publications.
- Co-manages peer-reviewed publication process at mDoc.
- Designs research program at mDoc to ensure progress on achievement of excellent digital health outcomes and to facilitate mDoc being an industry leader in this space.
- MD or MBBS required.
- Additional graduate degree preferred e.g. MBA. MPH, MSc.
- 4 – 7 years of experience in clinical medicine.
- Telemedicine background and clinical management preferred with the ability to work with remote goal teams.
- Publication track record preferred.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute on tight timelines, and juggle competing priorities.
- Comfort in working with a global team and in a startup environment.
- A recognition that mDoc is an early-stage startup so we work around the clock and are looking for you to work with an entrepreneurial mindset, quickly and efficiently.
- A willingness to work super hard and problem-solve as a collective.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the below Documents to: [email protected] indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
- Your Resume or CV.
- A Cover Letter.
- A link to your Twitter or IG handle if you have one.
- One authored publication (peer-reviewed publication preferred but open to other publications).
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Please note that given our laser-focus on ensuring a strong team that can deliver on our ambitious targets, you will be subjected to an in-depth interview process including an assessment of your writing, problem-solving, and management capabilities.