Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, is a school dedicated to educating the total person – intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Economics / Marketing Teacher
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of Role
- To plan, deliver and monitor a coordinated program of high-quality academic tutoring, which is progressive and reflective of the needs of the learners.
- She / he must support the aim of improving academic success of ALL Learners at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects such as Economics, Marketing, Business Studies and any other assigned subject.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by school administrative regulations.
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic problems, or special academic interests.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injury and damage.
- Prepare for assigned classes, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisors.
- Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Practice teaching by differentiation to ensure that all learners are catered to.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
- Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Prepare reports on students and activities as required by administration.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests, and interpret results to determine students' strengths and areas of need.
- Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required.
- A first degree in Economics.
- A master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Evidence of trainings on Child Management or Child Psychology will be an added advantage.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in teaching the British and Nigerian Curriculum
- Experience delivering students for external examinations and producing excellent results.
- Ability to engage students and promote a learning culture among them.
- Ability to be a role model and a mentor to teenage students.
- Ability to manage behaviour effectively while driving healthy competition among learners.
NGN150,000 – 200,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job title as the subject of the email.