The National Open University of Nigeria is an ODL institution renowned for providing functional, flexible, accessible, cost-effective education adequate for flourishing in the 21st century and beyond. Right from our first inception in July 1983, our mandate has remained to deliver university education at the doorstep of every interested Nigerian.
The National Open University of Nigeria is a Federal Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution, the first of its kind in the West African sub-region. It is Nigeria’s largest tertiary institution in terms of student numbers and is popularly referred to as ‘NOUN’.
National Open University of Nigeria General Information
|Motto||Work and Learn|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Abdalla Uba Adamu|
|Location||Abuja, Abuja – Nigeria, Nigeria|
|Campus||several across Nigeria|
National Open University of Nigeria Courses and Programmes
The University offers exceptional academic programmes that meet the specific needs of all sectors of the global economy, in the Arts; Health; Law; Physical, Social, Agricultural and Management Sciences.
As an ODL institution, we are an equal opportunity university determined to meet the following objectives that necessitated the establishment of open and distance education in Nigeria:
- Provision of Education for All and promotion of lifelong learning
- Filling the gap created by the closure of outreaches/satellite campuses
- Cost effectiveness
- Improved economies of scale
- Flexibility of delivery system
- Maximum utilization of academic personnel
- On the job teacher training
- Poverty eradication, vocational and lifelong education
- Provision of non-formal education
- Reaching the unreached
- Propagation of national orientation
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) student Portal
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) student portal is a virtual gate into the school, which allows the students get first-hand information dedicated to students who have successfully completed their registration and have been verified as bona fide members of the institution. Logging into the student’s portal gives you access to categories like:
- Tuition Fee verification.
- Course registration.
- Course list.
- Download of relevant course materials.
- Portal Clearance.
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) recently introduced the iLearn in its effort to take education to the doorstep of a higher number of the Nigerian populace, irrespective of their social status and geopolitical zones, or general location.
Advancement in technology demanded an improvement in education standard and this gave birth to not just the iLearn initiative alone but the general NOUN Student Portal and implemented iLearn portal technology to enhance student’s learning experience.
The NOUN Student Portal has been created to ease access to excellent quality education. The platform provides amongst many, the following:
- Collaboration and Networking tools to help in community of interaction among verified students, faculty members, academic staff, and facilitators.
- Online discussions classes organized by NOUN facilitators thereby creating a virtual classroom environment.
- Facility for students to get answers to any questions or areas of difficulty pertaining to their course of study.
- Digitized lecture video and audio materials, the Smart e-Book, are advanced learning extras, set for an enhanced student’ learning experience and made available on the platform.
- Access to assignments, quizzes and self-study assessment tools.
To access the student portal, simply log on to: http://www.nou.edu.ng/login and the next page would present you with three options – “Edu Portal”, “iLearn”, “TMA”.
Click on “Edu Portal” and it will load the main log in page where you’ll be requested to input your registration details. The page has the header – NOUN User Login.
Fill in your Username, which is your surname or the name you used as in your Edu Portal registration. Optionally, you could just fill in your Matriculation number.
Fill in your Password but click on “Forgot Your Password” if you can’t remember what you used as your password.
If you clicked forgot password, head over to your e-mail and check the link sent to you to reset your password.
After correctly filling in your username and password, click on the “Log In” button.
National Open University of Nigeria Application Form And Admission Requirement
To learn more about this information, click the link below:
NOUN APPLICATION FORM: https://www.nouonline.net/
Other Important Info on the National Open University of Nigeria
You can visit there portal to see more information like:
- National Open University Of Nigeria Course Materials
- National Open University Of Nigeria Courses Available
- National Open University Of Nigeria School Fees
- National Open University Of Nigeria Postgraduate School Fees
- National Open University Of Nigeria Courses And Fees
- National Open University Of Nigeria Course Materials Pdf
- National Open University Of Nigeria Courses And Requirement
- National Open University Of Nigeria Exams
- National Open University Of Nigeria Study Centres
- National Open University Of Nigeria Tma