Veterinary scholarships are abundant for those who really do love and care for animals a lot. You may consider to pursue a degree in veterinary science and this list will show you the scholarships and funding available to potential veterinary doctors.
Read on for an overview of veterinary scholarships in the US, Europe, Australia and elsewhere.
- Veterinary scholarships to study in North America
- Veterinary scholarships to study in Europe
- Veterinary scholarships to study in Asia
- Scholarships to study veterinary in To study in Australia or New Zealand
- Scholarships to study veterinary in To study in a range of locations:
- Other animal-related and veterinary scholarships!
Veterinary scholarships to study in North America
Scholarships to study veterinary in United States
- AKC Humane Fund John D. Spurling Scholarship – Five scholarships are available per year (totaling $10,000 annually) for students enrolled on a veterinary science, animal behavior or similar degree or certification program at an accredited US institution. Awards are given based on academic merit, letters of recommendation and community experience with responsible pet ownership.
- American Holistic Veterinary Medical Associations Scholarships – The Dr. Richard Kerns Scholarship and The Dr. Pedro Rivera Scholarship each offer $1,500 for veterinary students to further their education in holistic medicine.
- American Veterinary Medical Foundation Scholarships – A range of scholarships for veterinary students in their first, second or third year of studying at an accredited college in the US.
- Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine – Various veterinary scholarships to study at the university.
- Health Resources and Services Administration Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students – Scholarships for US citizens from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue a career in healthcare, including veterinary science.
- Oregon State University College of Veterinary Medicine – Veterinary scholarships for current students of the university who have completed the internal Qualtrics survey.
- University of Georgia Veterinary Scholars Program – Scholarships for students who have completed their first or second year of a veterinary curriculum, to pursue biomedical research.
- Oxbow Animal Health Scholarship Program – A scholarship for veterinary students who show a strong interest in pursuing a career in small and exotic animal medicine.
- Zoetis/AAVMC Veterinary Student Scholarship Program – 300 scholarship grants of $2,000 each are available for veterinary students in their second or third year of a program at a US veterinary school.
Scholarships to study veterinary in Canada
- Canadian-Universities.net – This website lists veterinary medicine awards, bursaries, prizes and scholarships in Canada, which can be narrowed down by province. Some scholarships may only be for Canadian citizens/residents of particular provinces.
Veterinary scholarships to study in Europe
- MERCK Animal Health & Federation of Veterinarians of Europe (FVE) Veterinary Scholarship – 10 grants are available for European students currently enrolled in their second or third year at a veterinary faculty member of the European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE). (The list includes a range of European veterinary faculties, as well as some in Turkey, Jordan and Israel). *There is no direct link to this scholarship, as at the time of writing the 2016 deadline has just passed. However, you can check the FVE website at a later date for the 2017 round of applications.*
Scholarships to study veterinary in United Kingdom
- Royal Veterinary College, University of London – Various scholarships and other funding opportunities for domestic and international students to study at the college, including the RVC Scholarship for Bioveterinary Sciences 16/17, awarded to one student entering the BSc in Bioveterinary Sciences program.
- University of Nottingham School of Veterinary Medicine and Science – Selected students who performed well in the admissions process will receive a scholarship of a 10% reduction in fees for their five-year undergraduate degree at the school.
- University of Edinburgh – Various scholarships to study veterinary medicine at the university, including PhD studentships and scholarships for students from particular countries.
- University of Bristol Faculty of Medicine and Veterinary Sciences International scholarships – International undergraduate students who receive a place for a program at the faculty through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) will be given the opportunity to apply for a scholarship.
- University of Glasgow International Programme Scholarships – Open to international students applying to study a postgraduate degree within the College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences at the university.
Scholarships to study veterinary in Sweden
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences – Tuition fee scholarships for non-EU (fee paying) students to study a master’s degree at the university, for example in animal science.
Veterinary scholarships to study in Asia
- Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) Undergraduate Scholarship – Scholarships for Singaporean citizens of veterinary science and other disciplines to study either at local universities or abroad, covering tuition fees and other compulsory fees, a monthly maintenance allowance, pre-study resources and return airfare.
- Obihiro University of Agriculture and Medicine – Scholarships for international postgraduate students at this Japanese university, to study animal husbandry and animal and food hygiene.
Scholarships to study veterinary in To study in Australia or New Zealand
- Massey University Veterinary Scholarships – Various scholarships for veterinary students at bachelor’s and master’s levels, some of which are only for New Zealand citizens. Options include the Graham Chalmers Allen Memorial Scholarship in Veterinary Science, which is focused on research related to horses.
- University of Queensland School of Veterinary Science – A range of scholarships for veterinary students (both current and future).
- University of Sydney Kath Farr Scholarship Fund – Awarded annually to one female veterinary student at the University of Sydney.
Scholarships to study veterinary in To study in a range of locations:
- ICLAS Scholarship Program for Veterinarians in Laboratory Animal Science and Medicine – Veterinary scholarships for students who want to participate in laboratory animal science and medicine, but live in an area in which this is not available. You should possess a degree in veterinary science and have already been provisionally accepted on one of the accredited programs (in North America, Europe, Mexico or India).
- Huyck Research Grants – Grants of up to $3,500 are available for regional, national and international applicants to conduct natural science research at the Huyck Preserve in the Albany county of the state of New York, US.
- The Aquarium Guide TAG Scholarship – A $500 scholarship is available to students who are passionate about aquariums and aquascaping and are currently enrolled in a US college, university or high school. To enter, you’ll need to research and write an article on any freshwater fish of your choice.
- UFAW Animal Welfare Student Scholarships – The Universities Federation for Animal Welfare (UFAW) provides support for students to conduct up to eight weeks of research projects either in the UK or overseas. Your research project must be relevant to improving the welfare of animals. Open to students from universities and colleges in the UK, as well as those studying at an institution with a UFAW university link.
- Scholarships to study in NEW ZEALAND for International Students (FULL FUNDED)
- International Scholarships for UK Students to study abroad for FREE!
- International Scholarships for BRAZILIAN Students to study abroad (FREE)
- International Scholarships for African Students to study abroad for FREE!
- International Graduate Scholarships for CANADIAN Students to study abroad!
- Scholarships for WOMEN IN MALE-DOMINATED Industries, Career & Occupations