Tricycles & Motorcycle Prices in Nigeria – The ban of motorcycles in some states in Nigeria has caused serious concerns among lovers and users of motorcycles.These overzealous governors had planned to turn their cities into the Dubai’s and the Paris of this world and thought the best way to do that is by banning motorcycles.
However, it will take more than these laws to come between Nigerians and the love for motorcycles. Some see it as a mere means of transportation, some see it as way well beyond that. In a country like Nigeria where there is constant traffic and delays, one can easily count on motorcycles to take you to wherever you want.
As far as the nation is concerned, motorcycles are the main means of street transportation and its important cannot be overemphasized.
The evolution of motorcycles has been epic. While the market still opens wide for commercial motorcycles popularly known as okada, new generation bikes are beginning to make their marks in the market.
They are available in different styles, designs, class and colors. Make no mistake about it; real motorcycles roar and rumble. Motorcycles are not only a means of transportation; they are a way ‘of life.
Nigerians are beginning to embrace the dynamism of bikes. This has catapulted the market of motorbikes over the past few decades. The ease, dynamism and flexibility of motorcycles have only made them more popular and loved in the nation.
You don’t need up to 5 minutes on a great motorcycle to fall in love with the whole concept. Quick and streamlined or fit for a king, whether young or old, male or female, we can all enjoy the buzz of a classy bike and have a pleasant day.
Types of Motorcycles
Motorcycles are in different types, classes and designs. Basically, the body type of a bike determines what is more useful for. For instance, the popular okada is known majorly for its commercial usage. Make no mistake about it, motorcycles are way more than the commercial bikes around.
Motorcycles are available in different sizes so as to accommodate the rider and meet the owner’s purpose of buying them. There are different types of two-wheeled machines which let you know that the world of bikes has a lot to offer. Let us take a quick look at the various types of motorcycle available today.
- Cruisers: Cruisers allow your feet to be placed forward and hands at or above the chest level, giving you rider an upright or slightly leaned back seating position. Examples of this this type of bike includes the Bajaj Avenger DTS-I, Royal Enfield Thunderbird, etc.
- Sport bikes: The seating position is in its aggressive mood in this type of motorcycle. With the leaned over riding position, where the handlebars are underneath the rider’s trunk, elbows are kept straight and feet are tucked beneath the body, making an acute angle with your thighs. They are designed for track rides, to make the most of you around sharp corners and fast lane. Some popular examples include Yamaha YZF-R15, Kawasaki Ninja 300.
- Tourer: These are specially designed for those looking out for comfortable long distance rides. Examples include Yamaha Fazer, Hero Karizma R, etc.
- Street bikes: This is the class Okada belongs to. These belong to the most comprehensive category, ranging from basic commuters to super-powerful beasts. Popular examples are Bajaj Discover 100T, Honda CB 1000R, etc.
- Dual Purpose/Dirt bikes: These bikes have riding position similar to those of standard naked street fighters, but with a slightly raised saddle height to accommodate the additional suspension travel. Examples include – Hero Impulse, Ducati, etc.
Prices of Motorcycles in Nigeria (Brand New)
Nigeria is one of the largest markets for motorcycles in the world. Although the most common are the street bikes because of their extreme importance as a commercial means of transportation. With the demand for motorcycles still rising by the day, we take a look at the prices of common brands of various motorcycles available in the market today.
While some of these brands have branches in Nigeria, some others don’t. These bikes can be purchased directly from the manufacturer or brand distributors across the country.
- Qlink Champion 200A: N320, 000 – N350, 000
- Qlink Cruiser: N300, 000 – N370, 000
- Qlink Ranger: N370, 000 – N400, 000
- Qlink Target (Ladies): N300,000 – N350,000
- Bajaj Pulsar NS160: N230,000 – N300, 000
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS: N200,000 – N250,000
- Baja Pulsar AS150: N320,000 – N350,000
- Bajaj V15: N200, 000 – N230, 000
- Bajaj Discover 125F: N170,000 – N200,000
- Jincheng Ladies Bike: N250,000 – N300, 000
- Jincheng JC Series: N250,000 – N350,000
- Honda CG Series: N250,000 – N350,000
- Honda CBR Power Bike (2018): N7 million – N8 million
- Honda Dio Series: N200, 000 – N250,000
Prices of Used Motorcycles in Nigeria
Because of the durability and ruggedness of most bikes, neat fairly used versions of the models are not such a bad idea. In as much as the bikes still maintain good physical conditions and fuel economy, you can be guaranteed almost similar efficiency as brand new versions though they might not be as sleek or as smooth in operation. Here are the prices of some of the most popular fairly used versions of popular brands.
- Bajaj Pulsar NS160: N150,000 – N180, 000
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS: N130,000 – N175,000
- Baja Pulsar AS150: N180,000 – N250,000
- Bajaj V15: 100, 000 – N150, 000
- Bajaj Discover 125F: N100,000 – N150,000
- Jincheng Ladies Bike: N120, 000 – N170, 000
- Jincheng Ax100: N85, 000 – N100, 000
- Jincheng 110: N 70, 000 – 90, 000
- Jincheng Baby Machine: N120,000 – N170,000
- Jincheng JC150: N150,000 –N180,000
- Jincheng Rubber Rubber Motorcycle: N150,000 – 180, 000
- Honda Dio: N80, 000 – N120,000
- Honda Ignition Ladies Bike: N75,000 – N120,000
- Japanese Ladies Bike: N100,000 – N120,000
- Honda CG Series: N90,000 – N150,000
Other popular brands include
- Haojin Motorbike: N100,000 – N150,000
- Denstar Motorbike: N120,00 –N150,000.
- HaJuie Motorbike: N130,000 – N170,000.
It should be noted that the list above does not cover power bikes. Prices of power bikes in Nigeria have been covered in a previous post (use the search feature at the bottom of this page to find it).
The prices above are gotten from online stores and few contemporary automobile dealers. The prices are accurate as at the time of this publication.
See Current Prices of Specific Motorcycles in Nigeria